Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Change is in the air !



Since my return from the islands a few shifts . I have decided is is time to leave Gallery St Thomas after many happy years there. I have been so fortunate to have such fantastic memories from my years there.The Gallery was created by my Texas ATM roommate and best friend Claire Ochoa. Over the years it grew into a beautiful main street Gallery in the heart of St Thomas. My first show was a collaboration with another Texas ATM roommate and talented artist Donna Weaver and cousin artist Andrea Marr . We coordinated images with the Nature Conservancy. We painted over 30 pieces, stayed in St Johns' Cinnamon Bay and had an incredible time ! My next show was also at Bela Blue restaurant Oct. 2 years ago with Cuban artist Luis Abreux. It also was an incredible and affirming experience. I have made great friendships thru the gallery, thru Claire (previous owner and my college roommate and dearest friend) ...it has been a nice journey and it is time ! Stay tuned for future plans of exhibitions and representation.

No comments:

Post a Comment