Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Peaceful Spring Art Days

Tomorrow is "Art Day". A term I think Artist Connie Green and I came up with that explains it all. What it does'nt explain is that it is peaceful. quiet. supportive, fun. better than a 3 day weekend, better than therapy and nurturing to our souls. I am so fortunate to be surrounded by artists that are funny , non competitive and amazingly talented. I hung both shows this week so the pressure is off somewhat. The first show hung was at Hyde Park Bar and Grill Central location on Duval in Austin. This is "30 New Works" and I am so happy to be there. The opening reception is next Monday April 27th from 430pm-630pm. The 2nd show is at Amplify Credit Union one block north of the Braker/ Burnet Rd. intersection. This is with Terry Powell-folk artist fantasitco ! Anyway I am off at work now-a bit on the slower side but I am enjoying my time at home..with my birds, my plants and quiet days and catching up with friends. Seems like I have a bit more left to be a mother in the afternoon and evenings. Anyway the patio is ready for Art Day and boy I am too !

No comments:

Post a Comment